All Assembled Façades contain Combustible Content
Another reason why large-scale system testing for all façade systems is so important is that, in fact, all assmbled systems contain combustible content.
For example, in 'non-combustible' insulation the binders than bind the mineral fibres together are combustible. Therefore in 'non-combustible' insulation there could be ca. 0.5-1.3kg/m2
of combustible content.
Also, the final assembled system may include several combustible elements such as:
- Cement particle board joint tape
- Helping hand bracket thermal break
- Binders within mineral fibre insulation
- Breather membrane
- Breather membrane joint tape
- Tape around helping hand brackets