The BRE’s Passivhaus primer states that achieving the Passivhaus space heating requirement of 15 kWh/m2/yr or less means that the following headline features need to be achieved as a minimum:
- Super-insulation: opaque U-values must be less than 0.15 W/m2K
- U-values for windows and doors need to be 0.8 W/m2K or less (for both the frame and glazing).
- Thermal bridging needs to be minimised, and ideally eliminated
- Airtightness: less than 1m3/(hr.m2) @ 50 Pa
- Whole house mechanical ventilation with heat recovery
All of the above requirements are not only theoretically specified within a Kingspan Century solution but more importantly, delivered.
No other housing system has consistently delivered these standards on so many builds.
While there are very few certified Passivhaus throughout Ireland & the UK, hundreds of Kingspan Century customers enjoy the comfort of Passive House performance due to the superior Insulation, Airtightness, low thermal bridging, integrated Heat Recovery Ventilation & Renewable Energy systems contained within the Kingspan House package, which is individually tailored to each of our customers unique house designs.