Homeowners may not be familiar with how their internal walls have been insulated, up to 35% of heat is lost through poorly insulated walls in homes. The likelihood is that most properties existing walls are not offering an adequate barrier against heat loss, costing you money. Internal Wall Insulation also known as Dry Lining, is a perfect solution for homeowners with solid or hollow block walls. Looking to reduce heat loss and improve energy efficiency. Upgrading your internal wall insulation is an excellent way to make long-term savings and improve the comfort of your home.
How is Internal Wall Insulation Installed?
Using high performance building materials is the key to an energy efficient home. By using Kingspan’s products for your energy upgrade you are guaranteed to be using superior performance insulation products. Homeowners must take into consideration that the thicker the insulation board is, the more space you lose internally, so it is important to choose an insulation board to suit your home.
Our internal insulated plasterboard insulation is fitted to the inner surfaces of your external walls. A vapour layer is inserted in order to seal the insulation against air penetration. Dry lining can be used on any home and unlike external insulation; it has no impact on the external appearance of the property.
What are the benefits of Internal Wall Insulation?
How much will it cost?
- Internal wall insulation offers a thermal insulation solution for properties where cavities cannot be filled
- It will dramatically reduce the likelihood of condensation on internal wall surfaces
- Internal wall insulation can be undertaken on a room by room basis
- Dry lining insulation is the perfect solution for properties where it is not desired or possible to install external wall insulation
- Once the insulation is installed your will find that your rooms will be warmer for longer, you will use a lot less energy and your heating bill will be reduced
The cost of dry lining insulation varies from property to property depending on many factors, but there is an SEAI Grant of up to €2,400 available to assist with the cost of the installation. Kingspan Retrofit has a nationwide dedicated team of SEAI registered contractors ready to take care of your home.