Who can avail of the scheme?
All homeowners of dwellings built before 2006 may apply.

How do I apply for the grant?
Kingspan Retrofit will apply for the grant on your behalf.

Who can apply
All homeowners of dwellings built before 2006 may apply.

Are there specific standards which the work must meet?
All works must be undertaken by an SEAI registered Contractor in accordance with the requirements set out in the Contractor Code of Practice and Standards and Specification Guidelines.

How long does the grant last?
The grant offer is valid for a six month period. All works and the BER must be carried out within this timeframe.

Who gives the Quotation?
The quotation will come directly from the contractor who will be able to discount the amount of grant funding available for the appropriate measure.

Is there a limit to the amount of measures that I can apply for on the Better Energy Homes scheme or can I apply for all of them?
You may apply for them all.

Can I insulate some of my exposed walls and still receive the Better Energy Homes Grant?
To be eligible for the Better Energy Homes grant the optimum solution, which is both physically and economically practicable must be implemented. Partial works are only accepted in exceptional circumstances, for example where it is not physically possible to provide complete roof insulation coverage due to small inaccessible areas of the roof.

Some of my external walls are already insulated. Can I apply for a grant to insulate the remaining walls?
Yes. If at the end of the insulation work on your home all the exposed walls are insulated you are eligible for a grant under the Better Energy Homes scheme.

Are hollow block walls eligible for a Better Energy Homes grant?
Yes, hollow block walls are eligible for either the dry-lining grant or the external wall insulation grant. The hollow block wall is not eligible for cavity fill insulation.

What is the U- value of walls when External Wall insulation is complete?
The U-value depends on the thickness of insulation used. The minimum requirement of the grant aided scheme is 100mm of Graphite Induced EPS which will give a u-value of 0.27 w/m2*k You could choose to increase this to possibly 120mm depending on the width of the overhang at your eves.

On the completion of External Wall Insulation, can the render be painted?
Yes, the render can be painted but we use colour induced renders so you pick the colour you want before we apply the coloured topcoat. This can be painted in the future if you like.

Kingspan Retrofit

Bree Industrial Estate,


Co. Monaghan

A75 X966

042 975 4262