Commercial Director– Kingspan Access Floors
Purpose of Role
To provide end-users, architects, engineers, contractors and other project stakeholders with comprehensive commercial and technical support to secure specification for the supply of the Kingspan Raised Flooring and high-end finishes.
Evaluate construction specifications and provide product recommendations to meet project requirements.
- Undertake business development and lead management activities to develop relationships and drive Kingspan specifications.
- Manage the CRM system to ensure that all incoming enquiries are logged and progressed in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure that project/contact/company information remains accurate.
- Ensure timely and effective management of business development activities - producing weekly activity reports to communicate progress in line with annual targets and goals.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the architect community in London – stay close to market developments/major projects and engage proactively with the key players.
- Develop and support specifications for key dealer partners in the region.
- Support the Area Sales Manager(s) in the region and ensure project handover is seamless.
- Engage with head office functions to maintain strong communication and visibility with all departments and stakeholders.
- Explore opportunities to work in conjunction with other Group Divisions.
- Maintain a high-level of product knowledge – identify technical requirements and liaise with Tech/Marketing Teams to ensure accuracy and consistency to the market place.
- Communicate new product introductions and launches in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Develop and deliver CPD content to architect practices.
- Attend conferences and networking events to develop/maintain architect relationships.
- Provide competitor analysis and intelligence to the wider business.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business development/specification or marketing role in the building/construction business to business market.
- Experience of engaging with the architectural community and achieving excellent client satisfaction.
- Evidence of delivering against annual targets year on year.
- Technical product knowledge experience
- Experience of managing and developing client relationships.
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Batchelor level qualification within the building engineering/architecture environment.
Knowledge and Understanding
- A sound understanding of the Construction marketplace.
- A thorough understanding of presenting technical information and adapting it to the audience.
- Detailed understanding of the quality and performance of products within the portfolio.
- An understanding of the operational process involved in manufacturing and delivering products.
- An understanding of Salesforce CRM system
Skills and Abilities
- An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organisation with a high level of confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take full responsibility and accountability of targets and deliver these within set timelines.
- Ability to handle client objections effectively.
- Excellent influencing skills to manage key decision makers within organisations.
- Proven experience of developing large commercial construction projects.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to plan effectively.
- Ability to set own objectives and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively.
- Highly confident with using Microsoft Office and Salesforce CRM software.
- Ability to demonstrate highly developed influencing skills and personal integrity.
- Ability to produce and deliver high impact customer presentations.
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships with dealers.
Applications should be submitted in writing to Rebecca Rose, HR Adminstrator, Kingspan Access Floors Limited, Marfleet, Hull HU9 5SG or email@example.com by Friday 30th August 2019.