R&D/Technical Manager for Kingspan Door Components
Purpose of role:
Working successfully on the improvement steps in door panels within KDC and in cooperation with our clients develop and improve our products, by which our products will be on the next higher level.
About Kingspan Door Components
Kingspan Door Components at Leuze-en-Hainaut – part of Kingspan Group plc. – produces and
sells the complete range of insulated panels and components for residential and industrial
sectional door applications. For our internal R&D department we are looking for a
- Working on development projects from the initial brief, through the design and
development stages to the testing of one or more prototypes, right through to final
manufacturing of the components.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include preliminary design, calculation, life
cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Manage documents used in Technical Construction File for CE certification process.
- Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies or details.
- Review development plans for compliance with good engineering practices.
- Test prototype of new products by using it as a consumer would.
- Taking care of the production and quality control drawings and marketing graphics for
new products and/or proceed with adaptations on existing products.
- Developing solutions and implementing plans related to development projects, giving input
to the manager about progress and provisional results and making proposals/
recommendations to adjust planning when necessary.
- Communicating with customers and suppliers to propose product improvements or
- Bringing new ideas and co-operate to further the development of technical know-how, be
the technical commercial link between the customer requirements and the companies
- Creating all necessary documents (work instructions, product certifications,..) related to the
product and to secure long term operation in the market.
- Co-operating with all departments involved in the start-up of new product applications.
- Co-operating with other product development resources (local and inter-company) to
promote the development of research projects and to reach the necessary synergies;
- Education as Industrial Engineer Electro-Mechanics with a minimum of 2 years relevant
- Professional experience in product design is a must.
- Fluent with 3D-CAD; preferably Solidworks. Autocad is an asset.
- Very good knowledge of French and English language.
- Experienced user of MS Office and CRM software.
- Expertise in analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to lead others and collaborate in team environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, for professional reports and
- Customer focus and commercial attitude (can do mentality)
- Well organized.
- Drive / Motivation for success & results.
If you are convinced your profile fully matches the above responsibilities and requirements please
send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to Mr. Birger De Bree, Managing Director,
Closing date for external applications:
30th of September 2018